The ideal candidate will have experience of running a payroll and of working within a Finance or Accounts Department. HR administration experience would be useful, but not essential. We are looking for someone with a “can do” attitude who can support the business with both Finance and HR Function within the business.
- Running a weekly payroll and ensuring that accurate costs are recorded to contracts
- Processing weekly journals to ensure that plant and van costs are recorded to contracts
- Submitting weekly pension contributions
- Daily cashbook reconciliation
- Supporting sales ledger including both posting and raising invoices
- Supporting purchase ledger, including month end check of correct sign off for all payments
- Statutory reporting for PAYE and CIS etc
- Processing all holiday requests ensuring accurate records are maintained
- Drafting employment contracts and other HR administration including processing pay-rises
- Maintaining staff training matrix and booking courses as required and obtaining funding grants where appropriate.
- Apprenticeship administration, ensuring that all funding grants are obtained and received.
- Supporting external consultants with auditing of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001
- Assist the Finance Director with the smooth running of the accounts department
- Other ad hoc tasks
- Assisting in the implementation and ongoing support of new operational and accounting software and systems.
- Developing and monitoring new processes
- Support in the identification and evaluation of new systems
- Part AAT Qualification, or job-related experience in a similar payroll / accounting role
- Excellent IT skills, particularly with Excel and data analysis
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to sense check work for accuracy
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures with a sound understanding of payroll and general ledger transactions
Experience within the Construction Industry would be advantageous as well as any experience with using EVO-M, SIMPRO or Xero.
- Full time – 8.30am to 5.00pm – with 1 hour for Lunch
- Free Parking
- Statutory Pension
- Salary Range £26,000 – £32,000 depending on experience.
- 22 Days Holiday
We would consider someone with less experience who wishes to take the next step up, dependant on the candidate and their aspirations.
Seamans Building is an award-winning construction company based in Thurston, Suffolk. Established in 1912, Seamans has built a reputation for building exceptional properties – from new home builds and commercial construction, to bespoke school buildings and heritage renovations. Combining traditional craftsmanship with contemporary building techniques, the company takes pride in its superb build quality, attention to detail and customer service.
If you would like to join our team, applicants can apply by sending a covering letter and CV to:
Elm Farm Park,
Or via email to email@example.com