In the grounds of a Medieval Manor House in Norfolk stands this 2-storey derelict brick Gatehouse.
The Gatehouse dates from 1570 and includes a Coat of Arms, terracotta columns, windows to the first floor and a stone plaque in the gable head.
Works are to include new roofing and timber replacement, brick repairs and repointing on all elevations. Joists and floorboards to be replaced and the clearance of vegetation from the external walls and steps.
A support structure has been put in place in order to stabilise the building due to a fairly substantial lean!
The 16C oak door which led to the first floor has been carefully removed and Seamans are to begin its restoration in their Joinery Shop.